Thursday, September 12, 2013



....I'm sorry for this slightly late post (I was too busy dancing round my house) but I only went and got through to the finals of the GTS!! 
I actually hadn't planned to get this far, I just thought the semi-finals would be nice, get my name in front of the coolest panel of judges, then carry on! 
But now,  I've got another brief to do... it's big... I have to design my own home range.. I don't know where to start! 
Wow, I just want to thank those lovely judges for picking me, the comments they wrote were amazing, thank you... especially the 'creating flowers for the universe' one... I'm right on it! Thank you also to everyone who voted for me and took the time to like my bag. Thanks and love also to the MATS girls.. we carried each other through this.... my new friends from all over the world. I wish we were all in the finals, that's the sad part... especially my friend Dawn ... she's not just my design friend, she's one of my besties and I know she wanted to be here with me. She's still a champion to me anyway!
So now it's me and five mega talented others, Zoe IngramEmily Balsley, Josephine Kimberling, Daniel Roode and Vesper Stamper. Good luck guys...we can do it!
Right this sounds a bit too much like an Oscars speech, I'd better get off here and get going... I've got to try and fit it in with a tonne of other work.... I apologise to my family already for what's to come over the next couple of weeks... I will try and remain nice! ha ha! 





19 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Go Lizzie :-)
    You have to win now...for both of us! I can be your partner on the red carpet if you like?
    Will done princess, you deserve it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Great post. And happy birthday to you!
    I hear ya about sounding like an Oscars speech. I feel like that's all I've been doing the last two days is thanking people. But seriously, aren't we lucky to have such supportive friends, family and peers?
    Good luck! I love your work SO much! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are the luckiest Emily B! Good luck with yours too, I've got a feeling you're going to do something truly awesome!! :-) xxx

      Delete
  3. Good luck Lizzie...can't wait to see what you come up with !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read your FB post and brief sounds busy but lots of fun!! - wow Lizzie - you can do it!..... Reach for those stars, they are in your grasp now :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stretching and standing on my toe tips reaching Bee! xxxx

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Lizzie WELL DONE!! Great work & good luck. As part of the MATS also if I had reached this stage I too would be happy dancing my house also. Woo Hoo enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Lizzie!! love your work... best of luck to you! can't wait to see what you do for home range! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat, I'm hoping I can do something nice! :-)

      Delete
  7. Well done Lizzie. Your work is fab! Looking forward to seeing your new entry x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina for all your support, I so appreciate it! xxx

      Delete
  8. Masses of congrats. Sounds like a big final project, but your illustrations are super cute and we all know you'll do well. Sorry...too much pressure! All the best.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Anna....under no pressure at all! ha ha...nervous laughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab news Lizzie, well done! Gorgeous work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your creative energy is contagious and your talent is immense!!! go go go go go....you CAN win this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great news - good luck, can't wait to see what you create : ) x

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10