Monday, July 22, 2013

Competitive....moi?


Usually when you enter a competition, you just fill out your details, cross your fingers and forget about it. Not so for Lilla Roger's Global Talent Search. You know when you watch 'X Factor' and all the contestants are very OTT emotional about getting through to the next round.... well, I now know where they're coming from. That's how it is, I feel like one of them! But, sadly, Dermot isn't around to give me a hug!

The brief... to design a journal cover for Paperchase using the theme 'Playground'. 
I love Paperchase, it's one of my fave stores.... I love what they do, and I love that they're on a roll these days in the face of all this new technology. I remember going there (back in the 80's with my permed hair) in my early teens and buying stationary sets and notebooks and I admit it is a bit of a dream to have something of mine gracing their shelves one day.

I went down the route of including many characters instead of focusing on just one main icon. Mainly because this is one of the elements I love about Paperchase ranges. How they adapt a set of characters on everything from water bottles to stickers to magnets and so on. 
And I love how when my children get to a new playground, it's like a box of chocolates....there is so much to choose from, they don't know what to go on first so they go double speed on everything. There's this amazing one as you drive into the city of Bath quite near us and the day we finally stopped and went in it, it was awesome. We all sped off in different directions, my hubbie and I included! 


So ta-da, my journal cover...




and a few of the extras peeps that didn't make the final cut...  (there are actually quite a few more) 







Then typically, once I'd finished my final piece and submitted it, I played around some more and came up with this one too. I wanted to see how using one icon would look too. I really like it. Maybe even a little bit more than the other. Sadly you can only submit once but I love her though and the funny little garden she's playing in. 









So, good luck everyone who's entered, especially
all my lovely MATS friends.... even though we're all definitely winners already! Now normal life can resume! Time to play x


25 comments:

  1. Oooh they all look fab together...perfect for a complete range...hello? Paperchase? Have you seen this? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha thanks Dawn...yes, Paperchase, give me a call! And check out Dawn too...she's awesome!!

      Delete
  2. The characters are so adorable Lizzie...Im starting to panic about my entry now hehe...best of luck in the comp, im sure your go far :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Genine....ooo, now I want to see yours....show me, show me!!

      Delete
    2. Show me too Genine! Show me!

      Delete
    3. LOL its up on my blog now...im loving both your submissions girls, good luck not that your need it im sure! x ;-)

      http://geninedelahaye.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete
  3. wow I adore all your options! If I were in Paperchase right now I'd buy all three ... good luck with the submission!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you! Thank you so much, your comment means a lot to me in my current nervous state!! xxxxxx

      Delete
  4. LOVE your hop scotch girl... would love to have her as a print for Rubys room... you have such a gorgeous style x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sooooo much Sarah, I'll do you a print if you like cos you're so lovely! Let me know xxxxxxx

      Delete
  5. aww they are all gorgeous Lizzie!! love your little girly one with the hop scotch! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really cute, Lizzie!!!
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all pieces are soo o cute, i love the little girl with hopscotch especially !

    ReplyDelete

  8. Supplement4Usa - Provides all product Reviews, Benefits & Side Effects, Shark Tank, Price & Where to Buy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Healrun is a health news blog we provide the latest news about health, Drugs and latest Diseases and conditions. We update our users with health tips and health products reviews. If you want to know any information about health or health product (Side Effects & Benefits) Feel Free To ask HealRun Support Team.

    ReplyDelete
  10. creator Filippino Luppi's Singer with Female, two Botticelli's portraits, and paintings done by Domenico Beccafumi and Pontormo. --- Spirit live (titled after its cap frescoes which were done by Giuseppe Collignon), which contains a classify of paintings through by 17th century artist Salvator Vino. --- Saturn area, with paintings by 16th century artists Raphael (Singer of the situation, and Agnolo Doni and Thirteen Inghirami portraits), a del Sarto Announcement, and Fra Battolomeo's Prophet with the Evangelists. --- Ulysses chance (frescoed by 19th century artist Gaspare Martellini), which has matutinal paintings by Raphael and Fillippino Lippi. --- Venus inhabit, which has a picture (authorised by General) movieshook

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Probiotic supplement helps to balance good bacteria and in this regard, Zenith Labs Probiotic t 50 review is creating buzz. How far is the supplement reliable and worth considering, you will come to know about it here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keto Weight Loss Plus There are many effective Health & Wellness Product of our Website.That has Made By Natural and effective Ingredients there is noone side effects. you can boost your stamina weight loss by this product.Just Grab It in limited time offers for New customers.

    For Many other information Click Here: http://www.ketoweightloss-plus.com/

    http://www.ketoweightloss-plus.com/organa-keto/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forex Duality On A Budget: 9 Tips From The Great Depression - https://www.reviewengin.com/forex-duality-review/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keto Ignite is an amazing it is any weight loss formula that has has the number of individuals so far to reduce the body weight. You can also be one of those individuals and you can make your body slim and trim. Well, this is a supplement that can bring your body in ketosis state.There is some ketogenic weight loss products that bring your body are in ketosis state for very short time and ultimately you cannot reach your target weight. Kindly Visit on Keto Ignite Shark Tank Supplement

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keto Supply Diet Health can be thought-about as the amount of our physical and purposeful abilities to adapt to the changes in the surroundings and build the system in our body work properly. In order to keep in smart health we tend to have to use caution regarding hygiene . The rules and practices of keeping sensible health we have a tendency to want proper food and nutrition, workout, rest and sleep, cleanliness and correct medicare.

    https://www.ketosupplydiet.com/

    https://www.ketosupplydiet.com/ultra-fast-keto-boost/

    https://www.ketosupplydiet.com/ultra-fast-keto-boost/

    ReplyDelete


  16. aboutthemcat
    demonstrated, yet, they haven't surrendered connects to the clinical preliminaries, so we can't propose without a uncertainness how that http://healthonway.com/slim-quick-keto/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pure Life Organix Keto is an exceptional weight loss supplement which makes use of some natural ketone salts like Beta-Hydroxybutyrate (BHB). It comes in 800mg which is powerful enough to help your body enter into the metabolic state of ketosis. The makers of this amazing weight reduction recipe claim that it facilitates your body to encounter the process of ketosis more efficiently and quickly. This fat burner is based on the latest technology that falls in the category of keto diet trend. This is a completely natural process to burn up the excess fat. As the name of Pure Life Organix Keto suggests, it works by promoting the process of ketosis in your body. Visit On http://www.powerenrich.com/purelife-keto-weight-loss-supplement-pure-life-keto-reviews/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am really impressed from your immaginative thinking and impressive stated information, i am glad.
    Health + write for us

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10